Seashell Cottage is nestled in the Glen, as you enter the village of Leverburgh in the Southern tip of the sought-after Isle of Harris, close to beaches, shops and restaurants. It sleeps from 2-6 in 3 bedrooms; 2 king, 1 twin with 2 luxurious bathrooms, one features marble, and a roll top bath. The first floor king room is a stunning, sumptuous master suite. With an emphasis on comfort and quality, the house has been interior-designed featuring an elegant palette of smokey blues and serene off-whites from Farrow & Ball, emulating hues of Hebridean skies & seascapes, offering the perfect place to relax & unwind.
The Cottage features fabulous hand-forged Jim Lawrence lighting in antique brass, Christy’s of London ultimate Egyptian Cotton Renaissance towels, quality The White Company 300 thread count Egyptian cotton, brand-new luxury mattresses, soft Hungarian goosedown bedding (hypo-allergenic is available on request), German-engineered Miele appliances and more!
After a busy day exploring, you can return to your beautiful, cosy and tranquil cottage to mix a Harris Gin & tonic, and curl up on the sofa in front of the fire with Sky Glass entertainment, or a good book and plan your next adventure in Harris.
For those needing to check-in with the outside world (we know it’s not always easy to switch off completely) our high-speed broadband will facilitate this and in the Living Room there is a charming desk to work from if absolutely necessary!
Whether you are the bold adventurous type looking for water sports and mountain climbs, or simply looking for a week of peace, calm & tranquillity, a stay at Seashell Cottage has something for all, even your four-legged friend will feel at home and on holiday!
Location, location, location…
- 5 minutes to the closest beach, and only 10-25 mins away from all the other stunning beaches
- 5 minutes to the world-famous St Clement’s church
- 10 minutes to the renowned Scarista Golf course (Nick Faldo is a life member here)
- Fly fishing available in the village via Obbe Fishings
- Moments away from the Seallam! heritage visitor centre (St Kilda exhibition)
- 10 minutes from the award winning Scarista House restaurant
- Centrally located for exploring both the East and West coasts of Harris
- In the same village as the departure point for St Kilda trips (UNESCO world heritage site)
- 1.5 hours drive from Stornoway town centre
- 30 min drive from Tarbert; home of Harris Gin, Essence of Harris and the Harris Tweed Shop
- An abundance of wildlife can be seen locally including Golden Eagles/seals/otters
- Locally owned, so help is always near at hand